Get the Help You Need
We Manage the Challenging Claims Process on Your Behalf
- Fires spread quickly, often resulting in complete destruction. In addition to the devastation caused by their flames, smoke and water are also ruinous.
- Unfortunately, the damages fires can leave behind are extensive. In fact, in 2021 property loss from fires exceeded 12 billion dollars. It’s not surprising that insurance claims for fire damage are common.
Property owners purchase their insurance policies believing that, if they pay their premiums on time, their claims will be handled efficiently, effectively, and fairly. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. In reality, insurance companies are businesses with a primary goal of profitability. Fire claims tend to be costly, and each pay-out is an expense — something they seek to minimize. Sometimes the actions they take to this end are in bad faith.
Many individuals don’t realize this and accept their insurance company’s denial as the final word. When this happens, they assume responsibility for all their losses, which can devastate their financial well-being.
If you have suffered damage to your property as the result of a fire and believe your insurance company’s response is inappropriate, reach out to our Oklahoma fire damage insurance claim lawyer.
At Doug Terry Law, we know how to handle cases like this. Contact us today at 405-463-6362 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Doug Terry Law
Advice and Counsel from a Seasoned Professional Can Make a Difference
When your property insurance company denies your claim, you assume full responsibility for the totality of your losses. In the case of fire, these costs can be exorbitant, putting your financial stability in danger.
Just because your claim was denied, this does not mean you do not have recourse. You do. If the denial was in bad faith, you may be entitled to compensation; but the road to resolution is complicated and certainly not one you should travel alone.
At Doug Terry Law, our Oklahoma fire damage insurance claim lawyer has the knowledge and experience to help you successfully pursue compensation. Consider our . . .
- Insurance Industry Experience: Doug Terry Law has represented countless individuals as they addressed the bad faith behaviors of their insurance companies. We are well-versed in Oklahoma insurance law, particularly related to fires.
- Specific Knowledge: Insurance companies have a crew of attorneys at their disposal; they fight tirelessly to defend the company’s behaviors. Because Doug Terry spent years defending insurance companies (prior to changing direction), he knows firsthand the strategies behind their actions. He is able to leverage this knowledge as he builds cases on behalf of his clients. Knowledge is power — especially in situations like this.
- Attentive Approach to Service: Managing your life after fire loss is difficult without the added challenge of addressing your unpaid insurance claims. Fire damage can be overwhelming, and dealing with it is incredibly emotional. At Doug Terry Law we understand our clients’ states of mind. We appreciate the combinations of emotions (sadness, fear, anxiety, and anger, to name just a few) they are experiencing. We are known for providing high quality technical service in the most compassionate manner.
Insurance claims cases can be confusing; we know just how to handle them. Our team has a Proven reputation for success. Contact us today to learn how we would approach your specific case.
Understanding Exactly What We Do
Managing Your Case Involves a Multitude of Steps
We know how to address denied, delayed, and underpaid fire insurance claims. Our service approach incorporates a number of actions, all of which we will handle on your behalf. When you engage our fire damage insurance lawyer to represent you, can rest assured that we will:
- Personally meet with you to understand the specifics of your case
- Carefully review your insurance policy language, your claims submissions, and the responses by your insurer
- Fully investigate the fire, its cause, and the resulting damage
- Accurately identify and calculate your losses, including damages realized because of the delay in paying your initial claim
- Efficiently complete and submit all necessary paperwork in accordance with predetermined time frames
- Effectively manage all communications with the insurance company, their representatives, and attorneys
- Skillfully negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Aggressively litigate, if necessary.
In short, we handle everything, so you don’t have to. The one thing we do always remind our clients is to refrain from discussing their case with anyone, including insurance company representatives. Simply refer all inquiries to our office; we know how to respond without jeopardizing your case.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Fire Damage Insurance Claims
Our Fire Damage Attorney Provides Answers
If you are having trouble getting your insurance claim paid after fire damage, you likely have a lot of questions. And you are not alone. Below are some of the concerns we hear most often, along with our responses.
What tactics do insurance companies use when denying claims?
Insurance companies have a number of tricks up their sleeves. They may misrepresent the terms of your policy, undervalue the damage you have sustained, and even use experts incentivized to minimize your claim. Your Oklahoma fire damage insurance claim lawyer can help identify and address these strategies in order to maximize your settlement.
What is bad faith?
An insurance company is guilty of bad faith when it uses the strategies discussed above to avoid paying insurance claims, to underpay insurance, or to delay payment on reasonable claims. Your bad faith insurance attorney can determine if you have cause for action.
How long do I have to file a bad faith fire insurance claim?
In general, the statute of limitations for bad faith fire insurance claims in Oklahoma is five years. Our bad faith fire insurance claim lawyer will make sure your case is filed in accordance with the law.
What additional damages may I be entitled to if my claim is unfairly denied?
Damages in cases like this may include interest, attorney fees, and emotional distress among others. Your attorney will be able to identify, calculate, and substantiate the damages requested for your lawsuit.
We hope these answers provide greater insight into bad faith fire insurance claim denials. That said, we recognize that you likely have a host of very specific concerns. Contact us today to schedule a no-cost consultation during which we can address all your questions.
Control What You Can
Contact Our Oklahoma Fire Damage Insurance Claim Lawyer Today
The damage caused by fire is uncontrollable — as is your insurance company’s initial response to your claim. However, you do have a recourse. In situations like this, controlling what you can may prove to be incredibly empowering and valuable.
If a fire has devastated your property and you have been unsuccessful in the insurance claim process, reach out to Doug Terry Law today.
Don’t hesitate to get the help you need. We approach each case from a position of power, derived from our knowledge and experience, and with compassion, because we appreciate the stress you are facing. Our ultimate goal is to maximize your settlement while minimizing your stress. Insurance companies have a legal responsibility to treat their policyholders fairly. Our firm is dedicated to making sure they uphold this.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation. During this meeting we can learn more about your case and share how we believe we can best help you. While the fire that damaged your property may have been devastating, there is hope for the future. Reach out to us today at 405-463-6362. We are ready to go to work for you.
Is Your Insurer Committing Bad Faith? What Can You Do?
Why Do Insurance Companies Delay or Deny Claims?
What To Do if a Health Insurance Claim Is Denied
What is Insurance Company Bad Faith?
How to File a Health Insurance Appeal for a Denied Claim Cancer
How to Appeal a Long-Term Disability Denial
Proton Therapy Support Groups For Cancer Patients
What Happens If Your Insurance Claim Is Denied?
Can You Dispute an Insurance Claim Denial?
How Do I Fight an Aetna Denial of My Claim?
Why Do Insurance Companies Delay Settlements?
What Do You Do When an Uninsured Driver Hits You?
Health Insurance Claim Denial Reasons
Suing a Health Insurance Company for Bad Faith
What Is an Example of Bad Faith?
Do Insurance Companies Try to Get Out of Paying?
How to Appeal a Health Insurance Claim Denial
Jury Awards $200 Million in Insurance Bad Faith Verdict for Denial of Cancer Treatment
Bad Faith Tactics with Car Insurance Claims
Did Your Auto Insurance Company Act in Bad Faith?